- Not only does the Belly Bandit help reduce uncomfortable uterine swelling, it also aids in decreasing bloating caused by water retention, and gives additional support for Mommy’s weary legs and back. If you are breastfeeding, there’s a bonus… the Belly Bandit will help you with your posture during feedings, and may help to reduce the all too common back and shoulder pain associated with breastfeeding.
- Ultimately, the Belly Bandit wrap will aid in getting you back to your pre-pregnancy hotness faster than ever! Stretch marks – urgh! Although everybody knows what can cause them ie: stomach growth and the stretching of skin, we really have never thought about the post period and what may be another factor. The excess skin that is pulled and stretched after birth may continue to cause unsightly markings by “hanging around”. Greater support of this loose skin may actually decrease tension which in turn may decrease stretch marks in the post period.
- Helps Loose Inches Faster
- Doctor Recommended (check out our FAQ'S Tab for more info)
- Helps Minimize Stretch Marks
- Reduces Discomfort
- Speeds up the Healing Process
- Improves Posture Reduces Pressure on Back and Legs
- Helps Minimize Swelling Restores Confidence Provides Support for Breast Feeding
- Adds Abdominal Support and Comfort After C-section
- Made in the USA
- Featured on Ellen & Rachel Ray
- Here’s what makes the Belly Bandit Collection oh so special….
- The creators have scrutinized and tested every last detail to make you the most comfortable and fabulous looking postpartum mommy ever.
Elastic. Don’t really think about it much, do you? Well, you don’t have to, because the creators did! Belly Bandit’s™ elastic has the perfect amount of tension to straighten out your back without tightly squeezing you or loosely rolling down your body.
Material. Instead of sewing pieces of material together, which breaks down the strength of the elastic, only one piece of material was used for the Belly Bandit. The design wears better over time because the durability of the elastic isn’t compromised. If you are interested in a more customized fit, you may be interested in the BFF, also by Belly Bandit.
Customized. A Beverly Hills OB/GYN was on board who helped create and finalize the Belly Bandit specifically with the postpartum woman in mind. But don’t worry, there was also the hippest team of hotties in town making sure the Belly Bandit is not only functional, but ridiculously cute. From the Basic to Couture to Bamboo, all of the styles are designed to make you smile!
Comfort. The rounded soft edges were created so that you don’t have excess material that digs, cuts or jabs your skin. After countless trials of textiles from around the world, the perfect materials were found that don’t bunch under your clothing. Also, the tag-less design won’t irritate your skin.
Earth-friendly. The bamboo line is not only environmentally friendly, it’s one of the most natural fibers out there. It’s also three times more durable than cotton. Fabric made from Bamboo is one of the softest, GREENEST, fabrics around. Remember, going green even in the smallest ways will help the planet!
Economy-friendly. The Belly Bandit Collection is exclusively made in the USA.
Who knew it could be so easy? Smart women around the world that’s who! The binding of a woman’s abdomen post delivery has been used therapeutically for centuries all over the globe. Increased and constant pressure against the abdominal area has many benefits. It has been known to help flatten the belly and re-define the waistline while helping you keep your back straight minimizing associated pain and fatigue. Check out our FAQ'S tab for more on the history of belly binding.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR SIZING YOUR BELLY BANDIT ™
Due to the variations in size and shape of women’s bodies, we realize it may be difficult to size yourself for a Belly Bandit™. Don’t fret, here are some tips we have found to be helpful. There is no exact science that fits all women. Please keep in mind that the band is 9 inches wide.
- If you are purchasing a Belly Bandit™ early on in your pregnancy best rule of thumb is to go up 1 to 2 sizes from your pre-pregnancy size. However we don't recomend ordering this early, waiting until the 8th month provides a better estimate of your needed size.
- In the eighth month many women will be the same size as they will be post delivery. Simply measure the circumference of your waist starting at your belly button. Choose the corresponding band for your size.
- Just prior to delivery simply subtract 3 to 5 inches from your measurement, measuring at your belly button. Select the corresponding band for that size.
- If you purchase your Belly Bandit™ after you give birth, simply choose the corresponding band for your measurements. Make sure you measure at the largest part of your belly. We've had many customers who measure between band sizes. Our advice is either to purchase both the larger and the smaller sized Belly Bandits™ or only buy the larger one. Don’t worry, you’ll get into the smaller size, but remember it is a compression garment so if purchased too small, it may be too tight to wear. Correct sizing is essential for comfort and product effectiveness. Buying a Belly Bandit™ that is too large will not wear well under clothing and may affect end results. The Belly Bandit™ is designed with five inches of adjustability to stay tight as you shrink.
Lori’s story: A Belly Bandit™ is born
Prior the birth of my second child, I was desperate to find a safe & quick way to get back into shape. It took me many torturous months of exercising and dieting to lose the 55 pounds I gained the first time around, and frankly, I was OVER it! Now, three years older and juggling an even more demanding job along with my always-into-something three year old daughter, how was I possibly going to find the time and energy to lose my spare tire?
The Belly Bandit™ wrap is conceived… (no pun intended)
I knew there had to be a better way, so I started doing my homework. I came across an article about how in many ancient cultures women would wrap their bellies to hold in and exert pressure on their abdomen. I reasoned that if it was good enough for them, it was good enough for me.
So simple, it should be illegal
I put together an uncomplicated homemade band and started wearing it all the time. It felt great and, to my surprise, my belly was noticeably smaller and tighter within a very short time. I was back in my pre-pregnancy clothes much quicker this time around. I continued wearing the band for several weeks and was blown away by the results. It was so simple and painless, I had to share it with my friends and then… the world!
Even Bonnie needed her sidekick Clyde
I called in the troops (aka my sisters) and we began working on an up-to-date version of the band so other mothers could get similar results without having to go to extremes to tighten up their bellies.